Superfood - black garlic - 黑心蒜

Moderators: Adviser, Team Dhealing

master
Adviser

Superfood - black garlic - 黑心蒜

Unread postby master » Wed Nov 04, 2015 10:13 pm

Black garlic may not be as well known as its white counterpart but with twice the antioxidant levels it could be good news for both our health and our diet. What’s more, it could have double the antioxidant level of white garlic.

What is black garlic?

Black garlic is made by fermenting whole bulbs of garlic at a high temperature, which results in the distinctive black cloves. This is also known as an ageing process as no yeast or fungus is involved.

Garlic is packed with natural sugars and amino acids. Once the garlic is in its month-long fermentation mode (under strictly controlled heat and humidity), it produces melanoidin. This dark-coloured substance (often used in brewing to add flavour to ales and beers) colours the garlic bulbs black.

Benefits of black garlic

Fresh garlic is packed with high concentrations of sulphur-containing compounds - the source of its health benefits. One compound in particular, s-allycysteine, is a derivative of the amino acid cysteine, which could help lower cholesterol levels.

“During the fermentation process, the compound allicine (which gives raw garlic its distinctive odour) is turned into s-allcysteine,” explains registered nutritionist, Robert Hobson. “This is water soluble, which means it is absorbed more quickly and easily by the body.”

The natural compound s-allylcysteine (SAC) assists in absorption of (the fat soluble) allicin. This is found in greater concentrations in black garlic than white.

Rich in antioxidants

Another benefit of black garlic is its antioxidant levels – it contains twice that of regular white garlic. “Antioxidants are essential for our immune system as well as preventing and repairing damage to the body’s cells,” says Robert. “Black garlic could also help lower cholesterol levels, and may offer some protection against infections as it’s a natural antibiotic.”

A study conducted at The Pennsylvania State University revealed SAC, found in black garlic, inhibited cholesterol synthesis.

“Black garlic can also have a positive impact on blood pressure and circulation in the body,” Robert says.

Adding black garlic to your diet

Some people describe black garlic as sweet meets savoury. It has a tender, almost jelly-like texture, and is frequently used in Asian cuisine. “Black garlic leaves no trace of smell, (so doesn’t create bad breath); it can be eaten raw or as part of a snack, and it can be cooked as you’d normally do with white garlic,” says Robert. It is also available in supplement form.

Source.....

Malaysia - Johor

[hr]

黑大蒜 (black garlic)是用新鮮的生蒜,經長時間讓其自然醱酵。發酵後的大蒜由原本乳白色變成黑褐色,以最新的醱酵熟成技術再經熟成,乾燥後所製成之產品。經過長時間的發酵與熟成,使大蒜中所含的蛋白質被分解成胺基酸,碳水化合物被分解成果糖,並且保留大蒜中有效之珍貴成分,更因低溫熟成作用,使大蒜中之珍貴有效成分大量提昇。

“黑蒜”在經過發酵熟成後,能使生“大蒜”本身的蛋白質轉化成為人體每日所必需要的18種『胺基酸』,可被人體迅速吸收,且其味道酸酸、甜甜,些許的蒜味,沒有“大蒜”的辛辣,口感似蜜餞。

黑蒜主要保健功效:
1、殺菌消炎:2、抗腫瘤作用:3、預防心、腦血管疾病:4、促進毛髮增長:5、增?免疫功能: 6、抗衰老: 7、健腦益智: 8、營養學功效: 9、保護肝臟:10、調節血糖水平: 11、黑蒜可以治愈愛滋病繼發性感染: 12、黑蒜可降低患前列腺癌的危險。

評論:
黑蒜頭雖具有這麼多的保健功效,但並非如藥物一般可用於治療疾病,若抱持著養生概念,且又可幫助農民提高農作物的附加價值,使農民完全不用擔心蒜頭生產過量,在自利及利他的觀念下,建議可以多食用。但若把黑蒜頭誇大而認為可治百病,而延誤疾病的治療,那就得不償失了。

Source.....

choesf

Re: Superfood - black garlic - 黑心蒜

Unread postby choesf » Thu Nov 05, 2015 8:51 am

Good morning, dear Master :D:

I have never heard of black garlic before and thanks to your black garlic gift to me, I now have some black garlic to eat! :claphand:

I have been taking about 3 cloves of black garlic regularly for 10 days now and I am beginning to notice some good health effects, e.g. :-

1) I have a sprained upper left arm that have been giving me cramps and pain for the past few months - the pain is always there because I use that arm to mop my floors. Wow, since I took black garlic, I noticed that there is healing of my left arm and the pain is almost gone by 80% for the first time in many months. I have tried many types of massage and even listed myself for healing prayers. Only the black garlic worked.

I read a testimonial online by a lady who had some knee joint pain for the past 20 years, who also got healed from her knee pains when she took black garlic for a month.

2) I was coming down with a cold that I caught from my eldest son two nights ago - I was sneezing a lot and had a bad runny nose. I took a second "dose" of 3 cloves of black garlic at night and took a tablet of mild antihistamine to stop my sneezing. Yesterday, my cold/flu was gone! Just overnight!

I read someone who had flu coming ate half a bulb of garlic and I followed his tip and took a second dose of black garlic, which worked. Normal garlic is already very famous for boosting one's body immune system.....so, the black garlic is even more powerful.

These are the 2 things I noticed when I started taking black garlic. :vgood: I will post here when I have more good news. :thinking

Thank you for sharing this wonderful superfood health tip. I am looking forward to learning from you how to make my own black garlic - it tastes really delicious to me - like dried prunes and balsamic vinegar. I find it hard to stop eating at 3 cloves and want to eat more! :omg:

The other day, I used the skins of the black garlic to make into a tea. It also tasted very good but unfortunately, it made me so sleepy right after, I had to take a long nap in the afternoon! Maybe, it was "too much" of a good thing and it knocked me out! :omg:

With love and blessings :g ,

choesf :respect:
"If you need help - don't shut the door" - Master atan

master
Adviser

Unread postby master » Thu Nov 05, 2015 9:05 am

The skin and black garlic can be placed into hot water and drink. :smile:

It has 18 amino acids , can heal many health problems.

Black garlic is 10 times more potent then the normal garlic.

Your garlic is more then 6 months already - it can last very long when place in the fridge.

master atan.

Malaysia - Johor

choesf

Unread postby choesf » Thu Nov 12, 2015 6:15 pm

Finally, I had started making black garlic today and good news! I have created a method of reducing the garlic smell! :claphand:

This method will be good for those who are worried about the strong garlic smell in their apartments. :thinking :yp:

HH88 Black Garlic Smell Absorbed By Baking Soda.JPG

I had used a microwave food cover (it has a tiny vent at the top), a dish of baking soda, clingfilm and cellophane tape.

I place the baking soda, covered the rice cooker vent, and then sealed the gaps with clingfilm and cellophane tape.

It is now 12 hours into the black garlic fermentation and I don't smell any strong garlic smells yet...hopefully, the baking soda is working well! :claphand:

master
Adviser

Unread postby master » Thu Nov 12, 2015 8:02 pm

:omg:

Good thinking. :vh:

Should allow the moisture to escape from the vent .

Good Luck.

master atan.

Malaysia - Johor

choesf

Unread postby choesf » Fri Nov 13, 2015 8:39 am

Thank you for your tip about the moisture - I had open up and wipe off any moisture already. There is an air vent on the microwave food cover as well, and there is some garlic smell coming out from there.

Today is Day 2 - 26 hours on - my house only smells a little of garlic. :yp:

When I cut open the tape and open the microwave food cover, wow, the garlic smell was super strong! So, that is how strong it can get if I didn't use baking soda. With baking soda, there is only a slight smell. :vgood:

During the day, when I am at home - I place the rice cooker near an open window.

At night or when I go out and all the doors and windows are closed, I place the rice cooker on the floor in the middle of my kitchen, just in case the rice cooker is a fire hazard...and I make sure there are no flammable things around the rice cooker. :thinking

choesf :D:

master
Adviser

Unread postby master » Sat Nov 14, 2015 12:47 pm

:vh:

choesf

Unread postby choesf » Mon Nov 16, 2015 9:32 am

Today is Day 5 of my black garlic fermentation. The skins has turned brownish already and I will be rotating the garlic today.

My husband has been taking the black garlic for 3 days already - he has diabetes and he smokes. :omg2: - I read that taking black garlic is very good for helping complications from diabetes, and in one report, I read that a smoker's lungs shown some new cells regeneration from taking black garlic. I gave my husband 4 cloves due to his size. :thinking

BG Day 5-2.jpg

master
Adviser

Unread postby master » Mon Nov 16, 2015 9:49 pm

Black Garlic had healed many sickness from my people around me . :smile:

However - it did not work on everyone - some got healed within one week of eating black garlic.

master atan.

Malaysia - Johor.

choesf

Unread postby choesf » Tue Nov 17, 2015 1:28 pm

Good afternoon, dear Master :D:

Yes, different people will have different reaction to taking the black garlic. But it is good for people to try healing themselves with black garlic, instead of just taking Western medicines which may be harmful to the body (e.g. the cholesterol statins drugs).

I found more information on black garlic reducing cholesterol and high blood sugar also. Amazing! :thinking :vh:

I have copied the information below :idea:

http://www.wildfermentation.com/forum/v ... f=7&t=4014

“I ate fermented black garlic aka aged black garlic from 11/10/12 through 2/20/13 and updated my blood test to see how the fermented black garlic worked.

Compared to my blood test from 9/11/12, total cholesterol changed from 214 to 151, TC 57 to 54, HDL 67 to 59, LDL 135 to 81, Glucose 105 mg (5.8 mmol) to 76 mg (4.2 mmol).

I was very pleased with the change and told several friends about it. One of my friends tried the black garlic for about 3 weeks and updated her blood test. The test result showed her total cholesterol changed from 280 mg (7.24 mmol) to 203 mg (5.2 mmol) and glucose from 300 mg (16 mmol) to 87 mg (4.8 mmol) . Wow, that is just fantastic!”

master
Adviser

Unread postby master » Tue Nov 17, 2015 7:22 pm

It is an interesting product for health - it is good to try it.

So far there is no side effect if one take 2 cloves per day.

master atan.

master
Adviser

Unread postby master » Wed Nov 18, 2015 4:09 pm

https://youtu.be/GF76gsvFGVk

This youtube is talking about normal fresh garlic. :smile:

Black Garlic is 10 time more powerful then normal fresh garlic.

master atan.

SAG

Unread postby SAG » Wed Dec 09, 2015 9:37 am

Hello Dear Master, :smile:

If cooking with black garlic looses the healthiness then so it would be true cooking with fresh garlic.

That means when we chop regular raw garlic and stir fry it or saute it in our meals there is no value in the garlic. It is gone? :thinking So we need to eat it raw? :omg2:

With love and blessings, :thinking
SAG

master
Adviser

Unread postby master » Thu Dec 10, 2015 9:45 pm

SAG wrote:Hello Dear Master, :smile:

If cooking with black garlic looses the healthiness then so it would be true cooking with fresh garlic.

That means when we chop regular raw garlic and stir fry it or saute it in our meals there is no value in the garlic. It is gone? :thinking So we need to eat it raw? :omg2:

With love and blessings, :thinking
SAG

Amino acid is protein - heat can break the link in the amino acid. :smile:

Not very sure how high the heat can break amino connection - could be more then 100C.

master atan.

SAG

Unread postby SAG » Fri Dec 11, 2015 3:48 am

Dear Master,

So when we add crushed or chopped garlic to olive oil in a pan and turn it to a high heat, much of that is destroyed when cooking and making stir fires dinners or sauces. :thinking

It sounds like white garlic is best whole. :unsure:

With love and blessings, :respect:
SAG

master
Adviser

Unread postby master » Sat Dec 12, 2015 11:18 pm

SAG wrote:Dear Master,

So when we add crushed or chopped garlic to olive oil in a pan and turn it to a high heat, much of that is destroyed when cooking and making stir fires dinners or sauces. :thinking

SAG

Here we take it raw with food. :smile:

master atan.

SAG

Unread postby SAG » Sun Dec 13, 2015 10:24 pm

Hello Dear Master,

Ugh! Raw? :omg: No we don't like it raw here. The only time I took it raw as someone told me that raw garlic swallowed whole will help you get over your cold and flu faster. I don't know if that is true. Too much raw or even cooked garlic comes through your skin and then you stink. :omg2: :omg:

I do like it cooked with many stews, meats and some veggies. :yp:

With love and blessings, :respect: :respect:
SAG

master wrote:
SAG wrote:Dear Master,

SAG

Here we take it raw with food. :smile:

master atan.

happy

Unread postby happy » Wed Mar 23, 2016 11:31 am

Master

1. How to store the fermented garlic?

2. How many pcs to take daily?

3. How long can we store it if we buy from those commercial ready made ones?

Thanks

master
Adviser

Unread postby master » Mon Mar 28, 2016 8:25 am

happy wrote:Master

Thanks

The garlic that we make our self...

1. Put it in the fridge.

2. Two small pieces ( cloves)

3. No comment.

master atan.

happy

Unread postby happy » Mon Mar 28, 2016 8:52 am

master wrote:

Thanks

1. Put it in the fridge.

3. No comment.

master atan.

Dear master

So 2 small pcs daily are good enough to lower cholesterol?

My hubby has been consuming your oats drink daily before breakfast. I have added chia seeds into it too.

master
Adviser

Unread postby master » Mon Mar 28, 2016 10:09 am

happy wrote:
master wrote:

Thanks

1. Put it in the fridge.

3. No comment.

master atan.

Dear master

So 2 small pcs daily are good enough to lower cholesterol?

My hubby has been consuming your oats drink daily before breakfast. I have added chia seeds into it too.

It had resulted some to drop the bad cholesterol - still intake of food is important. :smile:

Smart move to add chia seeds. :vh:

master atan.

happy

Unread postby happy » Mon Mar 28, 2016 10:45 am

Thank you for your compliment. :smile:

happy

Unread postby happy » Sun May 29, 2016 3:31 pm

Dear Master

Understand that black garlic is also a blood thinner. My husband is on bp medication... can he consume black garlic ?

Thanks.

master
Adviser

Unread postby master » Mon May 30, 2016 12:47 pm

happy wrote:Dear Master

Understand that black garlic is also a blood thinner. My husband is on bp medication... can he consume black garlic ?

Thanks.

Yes - he can. :smile:

happy

Unread postby happy » Mon May 30, 2016 2:02 pm

Master

How many pieces should he consume daily?

I thought of trying it too.. :thinking can black garlic be taken together with other supplements?

Thanks.

• Advertisement
Bathroom Protection for 2017

1. More Detail

Good Luck

Return to “Herbs - Black Garlic - 黑蒜”