Verbena officinalis ( Horsewhipgrass ) 马鞭草
Posted: Sat Oct 10, 2015 12:14 am
This herbal plant is very important to our health - i just planted 5 plants in my garden.
Use 5 leaves to made tea is good for one digestive system. ( wet or dry leaves is suitable.)
Eat 2 fresh leaves per day is also very good for digestive system.
Common Vervain – Verbena Officinalis Or A Holy Herb medicinal uses:
Verbena officinalis herb has been used in the traditional Austrian medicine internally (as tea or liqueur) for treatment of infections and fever. Common Vervain is usually used as a herbal tea “Vervain”. Verbena has been listed as one of the 38 plants used to prepare Bach flower remedies, prescribed against “over-enthusiasm”. In the Modern Era, it is sometimes considered a powerful “ally” of poets and writers, as its relaxing effects can relieve writer’s block.
The essential oil of various species – mainly common vervain – is traded as Spanish verbena oil.
– Vervain is used as antibacterial, analgesic, anti-inflammatory, and blood coagulant.
– It also is thought to have anti-tumor activity.
– Vervain brings wondrous, vivid, and prophetic dreams, and also acts as an aphrodisiac and nerve tonic. (If looking to enhance dreaming, it is best to drink vervain tea or take one dose of dried extract right before going to sleep)
– The herb is considered to be an anti-depressant and has a powerful calming effect. It is useful in cases of insomnia for creating restful sleep. Vervain is also very good for calming anxieties, and has a very balancing effect on the hormone cycles of women.
– Vervain is very helpful in treating headaches and gallstones, and acts as a tonic for the liver and heart.
– The flower tops are prepared as a tea or tincture to treat insomnia and cramps.
– A wash of vervain is excellent for mouth ulcers, hair and eyes.
– A poultice of the herbage may be used to rapidly heal wounds.
Vervain herbage, either fresh or dried, can be placed in boiling water and steeped to make a tea.
A word of cauton: Vervain does cause nausea in some people, and must be avoided by pregnant and breast-feeding women.
Safety notes: This website is not medical advice, and please check with your doctor before using plants if you are pregnant, using medications or have other health conditions.
马鞭草 - 药用价值
马鞭草 - 用药禁忌
马鞭草 - 不良反应
马鞭草 - 药理作用